Salmon Burgers

I knew this would be a hit, since my mother made the recipe
and graciously shared when my younger son was visiting. 
Lucky him. 
He'd accepted her offer to try one of her "leftovers", though he'd
 just finished dinner at home. A taste turned into both remaining 
burgers being immediately consumed ....with much fanfare. 
He was quite impressed, as usual, with his Nana's creations.
They did not disappoint when I tried the recipe in my own kitchen. 
 Salmon is a favorite of my family but I've never made burgers out of it. 
I've also never used the Cuisinart to prepare it but as always, Dorie
 provides genius instructions and recipes. A new fun way to prepare 
salmon, this recipe will be added to our rotation of favorites.

This post follows my progress in cooking each recipe from 
Dorie Greenspan's "Everyday Dorie" along with those participating 
in the online group www.CookTheBookFridays.Wordpress.com 
We do not publish recipes as policy but instead encourage folks 
to buy the book and join in the fun. 

Comments

  1. I'm glad you all enjoyed these burgers, and yours turned out perfect. This might make an interesting addition to our Christmas feast, perhaps a bit smaller, as an appetizer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Yours look great, Tricia! Did you have any trouble with them staying together? If you did, it sure is NOT obvious at all. Good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours looks good! I'm glad you enjoyed these. We thought they were quite tasty and will make them again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We thought these were surprisingly delicious...so moist and flavorful! Glad you enjoyed them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always good to have one's Nana close by! Looking fabulous, your salmon burger.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leave it to your son to spur Mom on to get these salmon burgers made. They really are delicious and the little problem of keeping them intact can be solved with Panko, I think. Mine stayed together just by cooking them longer. I will make these often this Spring/Summer also because it's easy to halve the recipe - I can have a big burger and a salmon salad the next day. No waste or to many leftovers. Glad Nana has some extra eaters around.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was a little worried about putting salmon in the Cuisinart, too, but it worked perfectly and my burgers held together well. Yours look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts