So-Good Miso Corn

The irony of me choosing one of the quickest and easiest recipes - 
Dorie's So-Good Miso Corn- for this week is not lost on me.  
With the abundance of time during this recent pandemic (we are still in 
"lockdown" in PA) most folks are taking the opportunity to tackle the time
 consuming challenges we don't typically manage to fit in our busy schedules. 
Heck, Nana and I recently knocked out our first Croquembouche !  
Notice Nana's "Mr. Toad" statute in the background. The kids grew up with this adorably plump icon on the patio :)

But another angle of this pandemic is that we are focused on using what we have. 
And we have corn and miso. And Za'atar. Or at least Nana does :) 
Plus I somehow managed to not be familiar with Miso and was very excited 
to finally try it. Boy am I glad I did. It added a wonderful and new complex 
but not overwhelming flavor to a simple bag of Trader Joe's frozen corn. 
Yup- frozen, but Trader Joes. I happen to love how TJ's does their corn.


The results ? A fun, tasty and crazy quick way to spice up a standard side dish. 
And healthy, did I mention that too ? Of course Dorie provides additional tips on 
how to cut fresh corn from the cob as well as how to turn this side dish into a 
main dish with squid, providing inspiration if not a specific main course choice
 - this recipe continues to have me impressed by this book.

This post follows my progress cooking each recipe from
Dorie Greenspan's "Everyday Dorie" along with those participating 
in the online group www.CookTheBookFridays.Wordpress.com 
We do not publish recipes as policy but instead encourage folks 
to buy the book and join in the fun.

Comments

  1. I have all the ingredients: Trader Joe's frozen corn, miso and zastar. There is plenty to get excited about given how tasty each ingredient is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you enjoyed this after I recommended it! Yay! We have had it a second time already...because it is good AND because I have that tub of miso now haha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy this dish even more with squid and make it a main course. Just realized we're using the same white miso. Missing your mom now we're into the fall season!

      Delete
  3. I am excited to try this one! Looks and sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Trader Joe's and especially now that we don't have lines anymore. I need to get to this one. I have miso sitting in my fridge. I went to Israel in 2018 and I bought Za'atar which I have yet to crack open. Sounds like you are enjoying your social isolation. Where is the picture of the Croquembouche?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was really a tasty dish, perfect as a side for barbecues. Cheznana

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum--i'll definitely like this one. but croquembouche?? we definitely need to see that!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts