Green-As-Spring Soup

Spring in Southeast PA this year has been one of the most lush and vibrant
 ones I can recall. Every flower, bush and ground cover has erupted and 
the scenery is beautifully changed and full. Much of this scenery consists of 
shades of green, so this week's selection of "Green-As-Spring" 
soup was spot on timely.
Always fun to cook with my Mom, this week's recipe was a joint effort. 
Consisting of leeks, asparagus, green zucchini, shallots, garlic, broth and a 
few other ingredients, this made a lovely green vegetable soup.  
My hubby said he tasted the asparagus most prominently, which was good 
news as he loves asparagus. We added the optional basil lime cream, 
which has a Greek yogurt base, and also enjoyed that version.

This was a treat on all levels, from team prep to tasting the versions. 
And while I tend to think of a big pot of soup as cold weather fare, 
I'm glad Dorie reminded us how delicious soup is to be enjoyed 
at any time of year. And supplied us the delicious recipe to enjoy.
This post follows my progress in cooking each recipe from 
Dorie Greenspan's "Everyday Dorie" along with those participating 
in the online group www.CookTheBookFridays.Wordpress.com 
We do not publish recipes as policy but instead encourage folks 
to buy the book and join in the fun. 

Comments

  1. Your soup looks so delicious, and I love the presentation. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful set up for this vibrant soup you made!
    Emily


    ReplyDelete
  3. a fun project with a tasty outcome! love that terrine bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a fun project with a tasty outcome! love that terrine bowl! -steph from awhiskandaspoon

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! I love that you cooked this with Nana! SUCH a great recipe, right? Pretty photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun that you cook together! We loved this soup as well...so easy and so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me cooking and baking with my daughter is most enjoyable. I cooked this again the past weekend. A big hit. The first picture on this post is truly spectacular. Great job! ~ Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your soup tureen and bowls are gorgeous. You probably could have poured a can of Campbell's Noodle Soup in that tureen and those bowls and it would have been delicious!!! Love when good food is dressed up by beautiful containers. Glad you two were together again in the kitchen for this recipe. So good and isn't it fun to share again. By the way, you and I are definitely soul sisters regarding our cookbooks. I used to haunt the flea markets and thrift shops. In fact Michael used to say that everything in our house had once been in someone else's. Over the years I used to pick up discarded national brand company cookbooks as well as just oldies but goodies. At our local estate sales and library sales when a family was getting rid of a book collection, I would also find locals' cookbooks. Although I've passed many of those along to my friends and Melissa, it was so much fun to collect them. Loved the Hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how pretty you staged your photos! Also a joint effort with your Mom? so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts