Ginger-Beet Salad Bowls

This was the perfect "non-recipe" for this time of year. 
Pandemic included. 
Dorie's recipe basically consists of a deliciously tweaked vinaigrette
 over a bowl of roasted veggies, grains and yogurt. 
In this instance, beets. And quinoa.
All spring and summer we have been enjoying salads and roasting 
veggies to add on top or eat along side. It has been an efficient way to
 stock the fridge for quick, healthy meals of "whatever is on hand" 
(perfect with the limited trips to the grocery store).  
My husband is a huge fans of beets but I will admit that I rarely
 make them - as the staining terrifies me. But a "Dorie recipe" is 
always a special event ....and beets he got. And loved. 
I was especially fond of that vinaigrette with the honey and 
harissa and will absolutely using it on other salads this season. 
Thank you all for the incredibly beautiful posts you honored my Mother, 
Chez Nana, with for our last recipe. She picked well by wanting
 us to make that one and our entire family was incredibly touched 
by the beautiful sentiments you shared.  
xoxo

This post follows my progress cooking each recipe from
Dorie Greenspan's "Everyday Dorie" along with those participating 
in the online group www.CookTheBookFridays.Wordpress.com 
We do not publish recipes as policy but instead encourage folks 
to buy the book and join in the fun.

Comments

  1. love the pretty pink and purple hues in your beet bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love beets also but somehow never make them. Keeping a pair of gloves on hand helps prevent the staining. I agree that the dressing was delicious. My mother-in-law commented again tonight how much she enjoyed that tart and asked that I make it again. Nana is still working her magic:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can’t say I have ever really cooked with quinoa or beets so this was a surprise to us! Absolutely delicious...especially that dressing! So glad we were able to honor your mom and give your family a ray of sunshine! 🌞

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts