Chickpea Tahini Salad

By the title alone...I guessed we would enjoy this dish.


Reading through the recipe details, especially the wet ingredients and spices 
used as composed to dressing, it all sounded delicious. But this didn't 
prepare for the reactions we all had when taste testing.

Boy, was this good.
  Really, really delicious. 
The balance between the crunchy chickpeas (garbanzo beans), 
onions, bell pepper and the dressing was fabulous.

I had read a Food52 article about this cookbook 
where someone described this dish as
"...an unassuming recipe....and I found myself eating it
 directly out of the container with the fridge door wide open". 
Yup.
 They nailed it.

My Mom made the recipe first and when my husband and I stopped by, 
she offered us a taste. We each went in slow with our spoons but soon, 
with eyes wide, it became a "oh man is this good" moment.  
Needless to say, we had more than one spoonful in our taste testing. 
And I could not wait to make it at home.


This post follows my progress cooking each recipe from
Dorie Greenspan's "Everyday Dorie" along with those participating 
in the online group www.CookTheBookFridays.Wordpress.com 
We do not publish recipes as policy but instead encourage folks 
to buy the book and join in the fun.

Comments

  1. This is definitely an "eat out of the container" dish! Loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you really enjoyed this one. I used Trader Joe's tahini too. We liked this one also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really a delicious recipe, something to keep in mind for the summer barbecues. Cheznana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you've got the jest about the aha moment when you first taste this salad. I was not excited about it when I first read the recipe. Then I'm all in after the first bite! ~ Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. We loved this too! And it is especially good, eaten cold straight out of the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that's the best Tricia-Seal-of-Approval I've ever read from you. From what everyone says, including your Mother, I cannot wait to get home and make this recipe. The Tahini dressing must me magical.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts