Ricotta Spoonable

This selection from EVERYDAY DORIE falls more into the "inspiration" 
then "recipe" category. But often times inspiration is what I need the
 most in the kitchen. A gentle reminder to enjoy certain ingredients, 
perhaps in a new ways, to keeps things fresh and delicious. 

 Dorie enjoys shares this year round dish in her kitchen, changing up the
herbs depending on the season or what's on hand. The ricotta is joined by
shallots, scallions, salt and pepper plus mixed fresh herbs. Grated lemon zest
and juice provide a kick and good olive oil rounds the balance. 

I enjoyed it as a tartine, with both fresh tomatoes and seasonal peaches. 
Both sweet and savory versions were a winner. I also enjoyed kicking
 it up a notch with a bit of drizzled balsamic vinegar. 


Dorie's notes about removing the ricotta liquid, storage tips, and what 
to enjoy a dollop of this delicous-ness on are one of the reasons I enjoy her
books so much. I feel as though I am getting delicious personal tips
on how to best enjoy food. And that's what it's all about, no ? 

This post follows my progress cooking each recipe
from Dorie Greenspan's "Everyday Dorie" along with those participating
in the online group www.CookTheBookFridays.Wordpress.com 
We do not publish recipes as policy but instead encourage folks 
to buy the book and join in the fun.

Comments

  1. Although I'm sure you use ricotta in many of your recipes, this was the first time for me. I needed Dorie's directions regarding the draining , the cheesecloth, yada yada. I used it three different ways but am anxious to do a tartine when I made it again. I'll be sure to give it a kick with balsamic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really was great inspiration, wasn't it? Your tomatoes look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures of the tartine using tomatoes and peaches perfectly capture the season. Nicely done. I didn't do the draining part since I was running out of time when my first attempt in making the ricotta did not materialize. Taking out the water gives the spoonable a different texture and feel. My next attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, your picture makes me want to taste this even knowing I don’t care for ricotta haha. It just looks so inviting and delicious. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts