Mushroom-bacon Galette

Late to the party on this one, but worth the wait.  
I knew this galette would be a hit because my mom cooked it first -and 
generously shared her delicious results ! Many raves all around and my 
younger son even requested an encore for his girlfriend's visit.  She loved it !
I went with thinly chopped leeks for this savory galette, added to the bacon and 
mushrooms, seasonings, a bit of heavy cream and some almonds - it was 
a rich and delicious treat. 
Dorie's galette dough recipe worked beautifully and while I've rarely met a 
dough/crust recipe I didn't enjoy, this one was truly a keeper. 
The addition of freshly grated Parmesan was an unexpected part of the recipe. 
I'm so glad Dorie thought of it, the flavor really enhanced the galette. I look 
forward to revisiting this basic recipe concept along with the delicious galette 
dough as we work our way through the summer vegetable season.
This post follows my progress in cooking each recipe from 
Dorie Greenspan's "Everyday Dorie" along with those participating 
in the online group www.CookTheBookFridays.Wordpress.com 
We do not publish recipes as policy but instead encourage folks 
to buy the book and join in the fun. 

Comments

Popular Posts