Shrimp Tacos


Game. 
Changer. 
Gorgeous, delicious fresh ingredients... but I went
into this recipe with no expectation of liking the results. 
I am embarrassingly juvenile selective about seafood. 
I like only certain types prepared in certain ways. 
In fact, I wasn't even sure I was going to try the results, but I knew my
guys would love these and wolf them right down. Mexican food to me 
involves beef and pork, and until this week I’ve had no reason to change. 
The colors, textures and aroma of the prepped ingredients got 
the better of my curiosity - thankfully. The contrast of the fresh peach, 
heat from the peppers, richness of the sauce and texture of the salsa 
came together into one big YUM. 
There was a bit of prep time getting the salsa ingredients chopped and 
the fresh quacamole. Luckily my mom and I prepared this for a family 
dinner (code for we planned for the guys to eat it....). The joint effort 
made light work of the prep, and of course it was great fun !
It was love at first bite and I enjoyed two filling tacos. 
I was lucky to get to that second one as there were NO leftovers.  
But I promised to make more again soon. 
This post follows my progress in cooking each recipe from 
Dorie Greenspan's "Everyday Dorie" along with those participating 
in the online group www.CookTheBookFridays.Wordpress.com 
We do not publish recipes as policy but instead encourage folks 

to buy the book and join in the fun. 


Comments

  1. That photo shows all the deliciousness of this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really captured the various components of the shrimp taco in the best light. Fresh, eye-catching, colorful and yem!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts