Chicken and Salad Milanese Style

I was chuckling as I read through this recipe because Dorie explained 
it was inspired by her friend's fabulous TBar restaurant on Manhattan's 
Upper East Side.  While the entire menu is inspiring, she finds that she 
consistently ends up ordering the Chicken Milanese. Turns out that I 
have a similar habit for a chicken dish at my local favorite restaurant. 

My family and friends all struggle to  make their decisions from the tempting 
and diverse choices, while the waiter usually winks at me and says "Chicken Parm".
This recipe also taught me that the term "Milanese style" simply means the
 greens (or salad) are served on top of the chicken. I never knew that ! 

It was a delicious meal that my family thoroughly enjoyed, but I couldn't 
help thinking how much fancier the Milanese presentation brought to 
our plates. Chicken cutlets are a common and well loved meal in our 
house but suddenly with the greens added, it was a party on the plate. 
Thanks Dorie !

This post follows my progress cooking each recipe from
Dorie Greenspan's "Everyday Dorie" along with those participating 
in the online group www.CookTheBookFridays.Wordpress.com 
We do not publish recipes as policy but instead encourage folks 
to buy the book and join in the fun.

Comments

  1. "Party on a Plate" <<< THIS! I loved this dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Party on the plate! So true! We liked this one too. Time to make chicken cutlets more often. Unlike you, I don't usually make them, not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all do have our restaurant ordering habits, don't we? I want to join Camp Tricia and Dorie so will add that I never pass a Hash House-a-Go Go (started in San Diego) without stopping for its Hand Hammered Crispy Pork Tenderloin sandwich. As a kid, I used to order them at the Hi Ho Cafe in Manchester, Iowa. The Hi Ho Cafe is no more and, actually, there are few places that make this sandwich. At the Hash House which boasts about its "twisted farm food," the portions are "ginormagantuan," the tenderloins as big as the plate. You can take the girl out of Iowa but never, never, never take the Iowa out of the girl. Right? By the way, loved this recipe of Dorie's. Another keeper from our favorite chef. Yours was such a pretty presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty that looks on that lovely plate. This was a perfect recipe, and even though we have been making chicken cutlets for years, somehow, this tops them all. Chez Nana

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green salad and the lemon slices do dress up the chicken in a big way. Your plating adds to the party. Such a delight to the eye!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts