Miso-Glazed Salmon

Truth be told, this was my first adventure with miso.
But it will not be the last.
This recipe consists of a mixture of honey, miso paste, lemon juice 
and soy sauce that is brushed onto the salmon filets and marinated.
The filets are then roasted, with the marinade beautifully glazing
 the fish in addition to providing delicious flavor.
This was an easy way to elevate a dish and put a new spin on it. 
My younger son was visiting and enjoyed being a taste tester for this 
dish, stating that he always wishes I served more salmon but if it 
was as delicious as this recipe when I do - it is worth the wait. 
I'd say that's a keeper  !

This post follows my progress cooking each recipe from
Dorie Greenspan's "Everyday Dorie" along with those participating 
in the online group www.CookTheBookFridays.Wordpress.com 
We do not publish recipes as policy but instead encourage folks 
to buy the book and join in the fun.




Comments

  1. I have to believe that everyone, whatever the age (like your young son), tastes and loves the flavor of umami in food. This miso sauce is a keeper, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flavour of the marinade was fab. Wish it was deeper (than just on the outside!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this salmon and, like your Mom, found it to be a great recipe for One. Everyone seems to have a bit more marinade on top which must have increased the flavor even more. Even though I marinaded it overnight, I brushed some of the marinade off before roasting (Dorie's suggestion but think I overdid it) and don't have the "look" on top that you all do. Next time. I think I've used Miso once before but cannot remember what I made - must not have been memorable. I'm still working on the "middle" of Dorie's roasted chicken on my cookbook puzzle. (see my post this week) I am going to spray and glue it together as a "keeper" for my office. I also keep my Garrett Popcorn Shop pink tin on my office shelf, filled with power bars. Reminders of you throughout my office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little late to the party, but still wanted to agree with you that this one was so good. I usually broil or grill salmon, but roasting was even easier. I love how Dorie keeps teaching us new tricks. Glad that you were able to share this with your visiting taste-tester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts