Ginger Fried Rice

I have a confession. 
I enjoy fried rice so much that it's my standard Chinese food take out order. 
Along with an egg roll of course. 
The confession ? 
I've never even tried to make it at home. 
I know, I know. My head is hanging in shame.
Needless to say I was glad to have the opportunity to try this. 
Finally.
Fresh veggies ready to be stir fried.
And not surprisingly, I will be coming back for more. 
In my own kitchen, that is.
I embraced Dorie's suggestion of baby boy choy, which I've 
again enjoyed while dining out but not used much in my own kitchen. 
I had no idea bok choy could flower !
The kick of the fresh ginger that gave this recipe its name was a bonus.
Baby bok choy.
I also added two new sauces to the pantry - Ponzu and Gochujang. 
Available in the grocery store, I enjoyed these new flavors - in large 
part because Dorie's descriptions of them at the back of the book 
(a handy resource),suggestions for other uses of them and options 
for substitutions gave me the inspiration to try them. 
So glad I did. 

This post follows my progress cooking each recipe from
Dorie Greenspan's "Everyday Dorie" along with those participating 
in the online group www.CookTheBookFridays.Wordpress.com 
We do not publish recipes as policy but instead encourage folks 
to buy the book and join in the fun.

Comments

  1. This is one of my fave recipes from this book <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, this was so good! but you are right-- missing an egg roll! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will definitely be a repeat recipe. I would love to try the chicken or even tofu with it.
    Love your presentation. Cheznana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really versatile recipe. Doesn't matter how you slice and dice the veggies, or cook and stir the rest of the ingredients, a delicious plate of fried rice always comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably need to make this again with all the sauces. I am glad it was a hit. Dorie does get us to cook things we usually buy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a hit in our house as well! So good! Love the suggestions in the back of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed this one! I bought both the sauces too...my husband has used the Gochujang already in other things haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts