Salted-Chocolate Hot Fudge Sundaes and Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake


These two sweet recipes were the result of a makeup (Bundt) plus this week’s 

“assignment” for COOK THE BOOK FRIDAYS. Needless to say, my hubby is smiling.  

Salted-Chocolate Hot Fudge Sundaes

 

This dessert sealed why EVERYDAY DORIE is my favorite cookbook so far. 

Rather than having us make fresh ice cream as part of this recipe, Dorie focuses 

on steps for creating the hot fudge sauce and the lovely salted chocolate topping. 

 

As always, she shares how you would delight your company with this treat 

and frankly reminded me that delicious ice cream and a simple (non store bought) 

made ahead topping can turn dessert into a party.  It’s not just for kids. 

 

Since I didn’t need to make the ice cream I figured I could at least use a

 favorite - Wilcox’s from Vermont. If you are ever visiting southern Vermont

 and have the chance to taste this delight, do so. It is off the charts delicious.

 And I say this knowing that Ben and Jerry’s is an hour or so north....

Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake

This was an utter delight.

 Not only was the cake light and delicious,

 but my husband actually deemed it “lovely”.

  Wow. Yes, he has sealed that he will be seeing it again.

Dorie specifically explains that “this cake can be a sticker” and instructs 

us to generously butter and flour our Bundt pan. Since this was a make up 

I had the experience of my peer bloggers who reinforced the “prepare the pan” 

instructions and I took no chances. 

So light and fluffy-the batter had a wonderful texture. 
Taking no chances, I spent serious time prepping this pan lol. 
Just in case- a final shot of the cooling cake before the big flip.

Before drizzling confectioners icing.


Garden party material. 

Comments

  1. We share the same enthusiasm for Wilcox ice cream in Manchester, Vermont. The very best made with premium cream that they produce and sell locally, rather than selling to Ben and Jerry's like most farms do. I won't be making my own, if there is Wilcox ice cream here in New Jersey. Too bad, Wilcox ice cream stand may not be open in the fall when I head up there for the foliage. We'd have to buy them from the grocery store with limited selections. The blueberry bundt cake looks devine! It makes me wanting to make one now. ~ Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to love about this post! First, you had me at Wilcox when you are right there at Ben and Jerry’s!! That is where we went when we visited Vermont...wish I had known the real deal. BTW we LOVED Vermont and NH...gosh so beautiful!! You two desserts look so delicious...wish I had drizzled some icing on my Bundt. I think that would have put it over the top. I always think after reading your posts, we would be friends if we lived closer haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a sweet month indeed. Glad to hear they were winners with you and hubby. Will keep the ice cream recommendation when we actually are allowed to travel again:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delicious post ;) I, too, love the simplicity of the sundaes (and always forget how dangerously easy that sauce is!). Your bundt is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet your hubby was smiling all weekend. I'm a fan of this blueberry cake also. But that sundae , wasn't that delicious? Of course I made the super huge sundae that Dorie wrote about which was a little overwhelming for me. Even I couldn't finish it. Do you know how sad it is to waste/throw out a leftover sundae? I think you're caught up now, right? This is a nice and colorful post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts