Tomato and Peach Panzanella

This dish is one of those recipes that allows you to create a very 
delicious and impressive looking plate with little cost or effort.
The kind of recipe that leaves me scratching my head as to why I couldn't
 figure out to combine the few ingredients myself, and has me 
promising to make it again - often- while the ingredients are in season.
It's basically a salad of peaches, tomatoes, onions and leftover bread, 
along with a vinaigrette dressing.  The ingredients were all humble, but 
for the tomatoes and peaches we had the benefit of their "peak of the season" 
flavors. I'm certain grocery store versions of these during the rest of the year 
would still produce a refreshing salad, but we all know there is nothing like 
a farm stand. For the taste buds... and for the soul.
While I won't miss the humidity we experienced this summer, I will miss 
the fresh fruits and veggies. Recipes like this allow you to enjoy the process
 of cooking seasonally, which is a great way to experience food -and life !

This post follows my progress cooking each recipe from
Dorie Greenspan's "Everyday Dorie" along with those participating 
in the online group www.CookTheBookFridays.Wordpress.com 
We do not publish recipes as policy but instead encourage folks 
to buy the book and join in the fun.

Comments

  1. Lovely to see you cooking along with us :) <3 This was SUCH a great salad and I agree, I'll put up with a bit of heat if I get to eat this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd miss the summer farmers' markets more than the summer weather. Yes, we can cook seasonally. Still can't beat the abundance of farm-fresh produce in the summer. ~ Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts